Monday, September 24, 2007

Segovia, Spain


This weekend I took a day trip to Segovia with a couple friends. After a third straigh day of 4 hours sleep, my friend Charlie comes beaming into my room at 9am to tell me its time to go. So we catch a 10 o'clock train for Segovia and 2 hours later find ourselves looking at (and later climbing) a Roman aquaduct, the Alcázar of Segovia, and the biggest cathedral in town.


A view of the Cathedral of Segovia from within the courtyard.


The organ inside the cathedral.


Overlooking part of Segovia with my friend Charlie.


Inside the Alcázar of Segovia.


A view from the Alcázar.


On the terrace of the Alcázar.


"Nice to meet you!"


At the end of the day we took a walk along the aquaduct, which stretches across the town. When we reached the end, the top of the wall was just 10 or 15 feet off the ground so Charlie and I flung eachother up and found ourselves on top of Segovia's roman aquaduct.


The views were much better from the top!


After our climbing adventure we settled down for cerveza in the plaza to the front of the aquaduct before heading home.


Here's a look at the countryside between Madrid and Segovia...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

funny to see you standing in some of the same spots I did this summer to take pics...almost a sense of de ja vu.