Friday, October 12, 2007

Madrid 12-oct-07


I've now been in Madrid over a month and have loved it! The language is starting to come easier now speaking and I am able to understand most Spaniards. I definately have a long way to go but I feel comfortable in everyday conversation now.

Classes began last week, so I have been sitting in on quite a few business and political science courses to try to find interesting professors. After two weeks I finally have a schedule I like! I'll be taking three classes in the business faculty, which are all fifth year courses and should count toward my major. In the political science and sociology faculty I'm taking two classes in subjects I find far more interesting...Political and Social Geography is the first and Sociology of Religion is the second. The work load for the political science courses will be a bit heavy, but I think I'll enjoy the subject matter.

Outside of school, I am teaching english several hours during the week to make a little spending money and with no classes on Friday's I am enjoying the nightlife too! Here are a few pictures from this week!


With firends Andrea and Inma at an international night!





The whole gang. We celebrated the birthday of one of my roommates a few nights ago with a surprise party. When Pepi got home from work everyone started giving her a hard time for not telling us it was her birthday, then after she retreated to her room (crying, oops!), we decorated the corridor, filled the table with food, and lit a bunch of candles for her. Needless to say she was a little taken aback (and began crying once again) and enjoyed the night.


After a few liters of beer and a bottle of champagne in the flat, we headed to a bar nearby to keep the party alive! This was on the way back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was wondering if you were going to pick up any fashion tips from the euro's... guess not.